Forum Thread
Arma (3?) Sniper Mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Arma (3?) Sniper Mod) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 9 2013 Anchor

Hey,

I always thought a big game developer will jump in this 'gap' that there is but the only game that comes close to it is Sniper Elite V2.
So my idea is to sort of recreate the movie ' Enemy at the Gate'. I noticed that Arma has a great engine / game to snipe in. And for modding this mod itself you don't much I think: a few models for the WW2 guns and characters (already done in i44 mod in Arma2 and easy to port) and just a TDM thingy because eventually that's all it is.

The big thing with this idea is the map: you need Berlin or Stalingrad or whatever, you need one hell of a big city just absolutely destroyed. You want rubble everywhere. Snipernests, broken floors, thousands of windows. Sounds of bombs coming in or churchbells to conceal the sniper shots. Arma 3 will help to keep it realistic. All you need is to get this big map and this perfect sniper heaven.

I love mapping. I'd love to be part of a group realising this city but I'm no hero with the BITools. I'm not even sure this is a realistic idea.
What do you guys think; would such a sniper mod/map be appreciated? Or is it just me that's looking for a multiplayer mode like this.

Edited by: gerbenversluis91

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.