Forum Thread
Anyone know if a build of id Tech 4 exists for download? (Forums : Development Banter : Anyone know if a build of id Tech 4 exists for download?) Locked
Thread Options
TorQueMoD
TorQueMoD Project Lead
Jan 9 2016 Anchor

Hey guys,

I'm not a programmer but I was wanting to play around with id Tech 4 since its open source and I was wondering if anyone knows of an id tech 4 project that compiled in a pre-compiled package? iodoom3, dhewm3 and RBDoom 3 all require you to re-build the code yourself and I don't as of yet have any idea how to do that :P

Jan 9 2016 Anchor

id Tech 6 is out and for those who don't know it is OpenGL/Vulkan. Remember that OpenGL is combatable with WebGL2 also (though ID Tech 6 may need tweaking to achieve this) - Up the Open-source

fva
fva
Jan 10 2016 Anchor

You can have a look at "The Dark Mod" (moddb, website, wiki). This is a free game that uses the Doom 3 engine (possibly modified), and is currently standalone (includes the engine and does not depend on Doom 3 assets).

Jan 11 2016 Anchor

That texturing is much hotter than I remember Doom wads to look like. Impressive ambience 4an ild engine. I think I have an ID manual but Im on phone at the mo.

Jan 11 2016 Anchor

There might be a couple. I could compile & upload to moddb.com. It's not hard to do. I think I even have a precompiled dhewm3 someone too.

Do you have D3? If you don't then you'll be out of luck being a non-coder: all the weapons, AI, GUI's, map entities are considered script code & aren't included in the GPL release. I'd suggest just modding D3 to start, just easier.

id Tech 6 is out and for those who don't know it is OpenGL/Vulkan. Remember that OpenGL is combatable with WebGL2 also (though ID Tech 6 may need tweaking to achieve this) - Up the Open-source

Id Tech 6 is the new Doom and it's not out yet. Rage engine was Tech 5. D3 BFG is a mix of 4 and 5 but hard to mod, you basically need a coder to start modding it.

Download for latest DHEWM3 is here: Github.com

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.