Forum Thread
Anybody need a doom 3 coder ? (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Anybody need a doom 3 coder ?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 25 2004 Anchor

If any mod teams out there are looking for a doom 3 coder, please get in contact. I wont do mods;

- based off tv shows
- remakes of old games
- based off films
- based off anything else, for that matter
- anime
- that arnt completly original

Reply to this thread, or contact me on msnm; xconspirisist@msn.com

thanks. (:

--

Not Odd, Just derranged.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 25 2004 Anchor

xconspirisist wrote: I wont do mods;

or pretty much anything you mean.

:rolleyes:

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Aug 25 2004 Anchor

He meant to say he won't do based that have to do with the list below.

That went over your head, didn't it :rolleyes:

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

leilei
Aug 25 2004 Anchor

Well he certainly didn't code when hired for Gargoyle Arena. Months and months of sitting there isn't coding. :|

--

Aug 25 2004 Anchor

Cheap, maybe the next time you get a member, you should be more up on them, telling them if you don't do work you will be removed from the team. Though I think TalNova did that and now look where he is now. :S

Aug 25 2004 Anchor

CheapAlert. Your entire team did nothing, because you didnt tell anyone what to do. There were no solid idea's, and the orinisation was appualing. No one ever talked to each other, then, you lied to your community. I left your mod team, dont think anything different.

--

Not Odd, Just derranged.

leilei
Aug 25 2004 Anchor

xconspirisist wrote: CheapAlert. Your entire team did nothing, because you didnt tell anyone what to do.

How would you know? I mainly used MSN and private messaging/hidden dev forums to contact them

--

Tei
Tei Enginecoder
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

the moddb2.0 stormtropper theme fit well with cheapy new avatar icon :/

Sep 25 2004 Anchor

erm tei... why the bump ? O_o

leilei
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

Because he wants to coincide everything with me O_o

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Leonardo-DiVinci UDK Megatkoyo-2041 Project
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

UberSoldat wrote: Though I think TalNova did that and now look where he is now. :S

Sorry to butt in but Tal and Makkon and thier team are doing ok progress on thier project. You know how long it takes to do a mod. :p Hopefully there will be a update soon as well and we can see what they have been upto behind teh doors for the past few weeks.

--

User Posted Image

Sep 25 2004 Anchor

UberSoldat just hates Tal, so whatever

And this was a useless bump. What a strange, strange thing to do....

--

Sep 25 2004 Anchor

You leave this thread alone, it doesn't get locked. It may yet have some use as its original purpose (0.001% chance)

--

User Posted Image

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

cheap is already jumping in threads...karuto i warned you once dont make it twice...let the man offer to mod for doom3 and leave it that.

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

leilei
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

That was a month ago, I do have to give a public warning so modders can be more cautious on who they're going to hire. Sure, they can hire him if they want, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Just sharing my experiences with him, and nothing else

Edited by: leilei

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Leonardo-DiVinci UDK Megatkoyo-2041 Project
Sep 25 2004 Anchor

I can understand where that was going. I've gone thru 2 poeple myself on my team alone.

1: Dude was a cope out artist did nothing but play thats all no models gave him 3x warnings and then booted him off.
Same guy comes back asks why I took him off the team and took his database privs and access away? Well DUH hello??
You don't do no workie no accessie to servie....

Thats not too hard to understand. I hated being a prick to him but all he was doing was bringing the development down and didn't bother contributing -anything- save for a waste of bandwidth.

2:Medical School. This I understood, in his postion I'd be thinking the same thing and he did regeret not being able to work on the project anymore,but the code he had completed and was going to send me was gone. Formatted due to a Memory 8000x000fds00c Blue screen of death the "Ultimate" Blue screen of death the one where the only way to bring the laptop back to life was to re-image the drive itself. This is one of the most tragic part of it.

So there are exceptions to the rule and the only way you will find is to try him out on say a 2 to 3 month trial and see how it works out btw him you and hope it goes well.

--

User Posted Image

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

I might be able to use a Doom 3 coder. Are you still doing this?

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

doom 3 coder? :|

and maybe you should wait for the sdk to be released? :P

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

Nothing wrong with planning ahead :D

--

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

that would be a first... for the code to be finished before anything else :P

--

chis
chis Old man.
Oct 10 2004 Anchor

hes obviously buggerd off:P

--

Nothing.

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

Hatel3reed wrote: that would be a first... for the code to be finished before anything else :P

Well, I meant, getting a coder early on a team is very important towards a successful mod :P

--

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

well yeah I wasnt saying that was a stupid comment just usually thats where mods fall apart is at the last and final coding stage, and most mods dont have a coder right on hand from the beginning. It would be great for a team to have a coder from start :)

--

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

Yeah, so long as he's dedicated and a strong team member. You can't expect them to do all the coding work as well, so a second one is equally as important as the first.

Edited by: Karuto

--

Oct 11 2004 Anchor

Bugger...and I had an original idea, too :(

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.