Forum Thread
Another Half Life 2 entity question.... (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Another Half Life 2 entity question....) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 2 2005 Anchor

What entity do i assign to an object to make it able for me to pick it up with "e"?

Jan 2 2005 Anchor

trigger_hurt

--

User Posted Image

Jan 2 2005 Anchor

how about some real answers?

Edited by: Chunky

declinsion
declinsion Wall Scibbler
Jan 2 2005 Anchor

Did you check that out, or just assume it wasn't real?

Jan 2 2005 Anchor

Hl2world.com ?

Might have something in that example map, I didn't look at it

--

User Posted Image

Jan 2 2005 Anchor

that map is only in bsp though...i cant see what each one is called. if it was in map or rmf that would be much more helpful

and @ declinsion: even if you dont know mapping, you should know what "hurt" means

declinsion
declinsion Wall Scibbler
Jan 2 2005 Anchor

I do, but you never know what crap Valve is going to try and pull.

Jan 2 2005 Anchor

Hehe.. :)

Does HL have no console command 'edicts' or any such thing? In Quake that listed out properties of all entities. Also, it doesn't look like the HL2 BSP format is much different than Quake's, and if you opened a Quake BSP in a hex/text editor you could see the text-format entity blocks...

*me looks

Yup... just load it up, turn on word wrap and scroll down. All entities are there nice and easy to see.

--

User Posted Image

Jan 4 2005 Anchor

yeah well since i dont know what you're talking about, can you find me the entity name for the ability to pick an object up?

declinsion
declinsion Wall Scibbler
Jan 4 2005 Anchor

He mean, double click on the bsp. Tell it you want to choose what program to open it with, and choose notebook or something to that effect. Then scroll down and look at the list of entities.

lasha
lasha is back
Jan 5 2005 Anchor

prop_physics should work... That way you can choose a model and the weight and such is coded into the model, so you don't need to calculate how heavy it is, and if the player actually _can_ carry it or not.

--

If you run you'll only die tired!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.