Forum Thread
Anno 1404 "Failed to Intilize DirectX" Problem (Forums : PC Gaming : Anno 1404 "Failed to Intilize DirectX" Problem) Locked
Thread Options
May 17 2010 Anchor

Hello, Does anyone face the "Failed to Initialize DirectX" problem? I am having this problem and can't get rid of it although i downloaded latest DirectX from the web or reinstall the game. Anyone Please tell me way of fixing this.

Edited by: Faheyon007

May 17 2010 Anchor

There are several possible issues with this:

Idea 1:
You may need a newer graphics card, or maybe that it doesn't support the newest DirectX. Do you have XP or Vista or Windows 7?

If you have XP, you may need Vista for Dx10.
If you have Win7... Well it seems several people have this problem. Compatability mode?

Idea 2:
Do you have the latest patch?

May 17 2010 Anchor

Ninjadave wrote: If you have XP, you may need Vista for Dx10.

LOL? Anno 1404 doesn't require Vista? Why should one bother about having it just because XP Dx9 doesn't work?

May 17 2010 Anchor

I've ran into the "Vista or Win 7 only" problem before and I just felt I should point it out. I don't think this is the case for that though.

May 19 2010 Anchor

Thanks Ninjadave for your kind suggestion. But I want to play the game & if there is any thing that i can do please point that out. I have windows Vista 32 bit home Premium. I also have Anno 1440 Venice but thr problem also is there.

Ninjadave i am a big fan of C&C games. Now i am playing C&C generals zero hour. There are quite a big number of mods of this game. I have tested several of these mods like Shockwave, Nproject etc. But i want to customize the units with my hands. I tried to edit the INIZH.big file with notepad but the game crashes when start playing after editing. Please tell me if there is an easy and effective way to customize the units & everything else. And please also inform me if there is any INI Editior for Vista.

Edited by: Faheyon007

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.