Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Add DRM field to game profiles (Forums : Suggestions : Add DRM field to game profiles) Post Reply
Thread Options
May 23 2013, 6:25pm Anchor

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I notice that Amazon has a DRM field on their game profiles, and I would like to see that on Desura as a supported field as well.

For instance, I am pretty sure the LGP version of Majesty ships with DRM but it is not mentioned anywhere on the page (their port of Sacred Gold does). Most games could just put in "none" and have that displayed in the field, and it would really help people discern what it is they are buying in the cases when there is third-party DRM involved (like Steam, for instance, or in the case of LGP their own separate system).

It certainly would help make me more confident in buying games on Desura to have that information more easily and rigorously available.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
May 23 2013, 8:02pm Anchor

This will be available in v2 of the Desura store.

--

May 23 2013, 11:29pm Anchor

This idea rocks and let me know when version 2 of desura is out , 
DRM is a major turnoff for me.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
May 26 2013, 8:30pm Anchor
The_splat wrote:This idea rocks and let me know when version 2 of desura is out , 
DRM is a major turnoff for me.

You will know when v2 is out. The site layout will be changed dramatically.

--

May 26 2013, 9:17pm Anchor
Henley wrote:You will know when v2 is out. The site layout will be changed dramatically.

Like how we know when Win8 is installed because of the different UI!  :)

Looking forward to the new Desura.  I have a few minor annoyances with it, I hope v2 blows the mouse right out of my hand.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
May 27 2013, 7:30pm Anchor
TheHappyFriar wrote:
Henley wrote:You will know when v2 is out. The site layout will be changed dramatically.

Like how we know when Win8 is installed because of the different UI!  :)

Looking forward to the new Desura.  I have a few minor annoyances with it, I hope v2 blows the mouse right out of my hand.


Well Desura was our first attempt at a store, we want to get v2 right when we launch it. The store front is already a million times better.

--

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.