Forum Thread
  Posts  
All-Star Fruit Racing: fruity and strategic kart racing game (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : All-Star Fruit Racing: fruity and strategic kart racing game) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Apr 27 2016 Anchor

Hello there, we are 3DClouds, an italian indie developer group.

We're currently working on our first project called ALL-STAR FRUIT RACING.

All-Star Fruit Racing is the kart racing game you’ve been waiting for! More exciting, colorful, fruity, strategic and - most importantly - more fun than anything else before. Dodging coconut bowling balls or avoiding hungry dinosaurs race, on the moon or Machu Picchu, play with your friends either in split-screen mode or online. Easy to learn but hard to master, choose your team, customize your kart and decide which of the various playing modes tempts you most;
Ready
Steady
Go…………………..and have the juiciest fun you have in ages.
Stay tuned, stay fruits!

Do you have any suggestion? What makes a kart game fun for you and what you would like to see in a kart game that's never been made before? Is it a good or a bad idea to have female characters only? We're open to any suggestions!
The game is being developing in Unreal 4 so it's in full 3D.


This is the website with more concept arts and infos: 3dclouds.it
If you want to follow the project this is our FB page: Facebook.com

Thanks for your consideration :)!


Edited by: 3DClouds

Apr 27 2016 Anchor

Seems pretty cool!
Does the project also have an IndieDB page you can track?

Apr 27 2016 Anchor

Beautiful, makes me hungry so i know its extra well drawn! Those lil pear birds nuzzling each other are just too cute. I do find the person a little too realistic for the backgrounds and objects you have there, she almost feels out of place.

So for your attacks are you keeping it fun and playful and cartoony like Mario Kart, more violent and a little more realistic like Diddy Kong racing or straight up GTA leaning out the 'window' trying to cap somebody?

Apr 27 2016 Anchor

Seems pretty cool!
Does the project also have an IndieDB page you can track?

Not by now (should we?) but for the moment you can follow us on FB where we will post more concept and 3d arts :)! Thank you!

Beautiful, makes me hungry so i know its extra well drawn! Those lil pear birds nuzzling each other are just too cute. I do find the person a little too realistic for the backgrounds and objects you have there, she almost feels out of place.

So for your attacks are you keeping it fun and playful and cartoony like Mario Kart, more violent and a little more realistic like Diddy Kong racing or straight up GTA leaning out the 'window' trying to cap somebody?

Thank you, our art "department" is really happy :D! You're right, the girl maybe is too realistic at a concept step, we talked a lot about it, but we're tryin' to make her more fitting in the 3d.

Our attacks are more DK like, they are very aggressive xD

Edited by: 3DClouds

Apr 30 2016 Anchor

This looks awesome, I really like the idea of this, most game concepts that I read about are all over the place and don't really work. But this however is impressive and I really like the concept art.

For me the fun in kart racing games are unlockables and shortcuts, I like having a different experience each time I race a track because of the extras around the track. Unlockables are also great fun to look for. The all female cast idea is cool, it's odd but I really like for some reason, maybe because it fits? I don't know.


Really awesome, hopefully this game comes to life!

May 3 2016 Anchor
StorySays wrote:

This looks awesome, I really like the idea of this, most game concepts that I read about are all over the place and don't really work. But this however is impressive and I really like the concept art.

For me the fun in kart racing games are unlockables and shortcuts, I like having a different experience each time I race a track because of the extras around the track. Unlockables are also great fun to look for. The all female cast idea is cool, it's odd but I really like for some reason, maybe because it fits? I don't know.


Really awesome, hopefully this game comes to life!

Thank you, it's pretty encouraging riceiving feedback like this for a concept! We're already developing the game in Unreal so *crossfinger* it will surely comes to life! We're thinking about a lot of shortcuts and unlockables. Ofcourse we have to add them little by little, currently we're focusing on, well, making a game that works well on basics :) we're posting updates on fb if you want to follow the project, ofcourse we'll soon add it to IndieDB as well!

[edit]

We finally have an IndieDB page where to follow our project!

Indiedb.com

First screen in Unreal! It is only a test ofcourse (the definitive will be much better...we hope!) but what do you think about it?

Banner 24 05 2016

Edited by: 3DClouds

Jun 8 2016 Anchor

This looks cool! I love the fruit-creatures!

Jun 8 2016 Anchor

Here you are some in-game screenshots in UnReal Engine! Any suggestions?

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 05

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 06

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 04

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 01

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 00

AllstarFruitRacing 26 05 16 08

More on our IDB :)!

Edited by: 3DClouds

Drown_
Drown_ Fear will reign above it all
Jun 8 2016 Anchor

Thats looking really cool! Though I dont understand the need of the all female cast. is there any reason you chose that gender specifically ?

--

Jun 8 2016 Anchor

If that last pic is an in game screenshot, its going to be nice giving all the details you have going on. The pathway looks a tiny bit too thin, but that may just be a lack of reference of other racers on the course. That white whale is HUGE!

ok, nit picky things would include; the beach looks kinda boring, not that there's nothing there, but its a straight away with nothing to dodge or avoid enemy attacks, it may be the angle but those jumps are nice. The rock cluster by the mango whales, they look very man made and placed there. spread them out a little bit and give them a bit of rotation, make them look less like a designer plunked them there together. That drooling coconut(?) forcing its way onto the track is kinda scary and those clouds look....confusing.

How about making us a gif where we see you race along from the players perspective so we get the real feel of it?


Edit: I had more to say

Edited by: Thr111

Jun 9 2016 Anchor
Drown_ wrote:

Thats looking really cool! Though I dont understand the need of the all female cast. is there any reason you chose that gender specifically ?

No reasons really, we just thought it would look cool ahah. Well we also thought boys could be vegetables...but this is for another game (or a DLC)!

Thr111 wrote:

If that last pic is an in game screenshot, its going to be nice giving all the details you have going on. The pathway looks a tiny bit too thin, but that may just be a lack of reference of other racers on the course. That white whale is HUGE!

ok, nit picky things would include; the beach looks kinda boring, not that there's nothing there, but its a straight away with nothing to dodge or avoid enemy attacks, it may be the angle but those jumps are nice. The rock cluster by the mango whales, they look very man made and placed there. spread them out a little bit and give them a bit of rotation, make them look less like a designer plunked them there together. That drooling coconut(?) forcing its way onto the track is kinda scary and those clouds look....confusing.

How about making us a gi

Thanks for all your hints, they really are useful. Something we already fix but there's a lot we still have to work on, as some coconut placement. By "clouds" do you mean the blows?

Jun 9 2016 Anchor

Thanks for all your hints, they really are useful. Something we already fix but there's a lot we still have to work on, as some coconut placement. By "clouds" do you mean the blows?

In the same pic as the drooling coconut, the white puffy things floating in the air....why do they have pointy ends?

Jun 13 2016 Anchor
Thr111 wrote:

Thanks for all your hints, they really are useful. Something we already fix but there's a lot we still have to work on, as some coconut placement. By "clouds" do you mean the blows?

In the same pic as the drooling coconut, the white puffy things floating in the air....why do they have pointy ends?

Mostly because we're still working on it hah :)

Jul 3 2016 Anchor

> a kart game with an all-female cast of racers and inspired by fruit

Sugar Rush?

En.wikipedia.org

--

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
-- Howard Aiken

Mar 9 2017 Anchor

Check out this pre-production sketch showing a cave, light and crystals - a taste of the fruiture!

All Star Fruit Racing

Mar 9 2017 Anchor
Fragvergnugen wrote:

> a kart game with an all-female cast of racers and inspired by fruit

Sugar Rush?

I thought there were some effeminate looking 'boys' in the playable characters, not just all girls

Mar 13 2017 Anchor

Orange or orange track? Have a nice day with… Vitamin C!

#orange #fruit #vitamin #videogame #game #afr #afr2017 #allstarfruitracing

Orange

Mar 13 2017 Anchor

How about citrus themed? Orange on orange could be hard to look at after a while, you could always make the track lemons or limes. You could could have a joke on a loading screen "The Citrus Road can be quite challenging as you try to squeeze each other off the track. Try not to be bitter". Its not the greatest, but I'll work on it.

Mar 20 2017 Anchor
Thr111 wrote:

How about citrus themed? Orange on orange could be hard to look at after a while, you could always make the track lemons or limes. You could could have a joke on a loading screen "The Citrus Road can be quite challenging as you try to squeeze each other off the track. Try not to be bitter". Its not the greatest, but I'll work on it.

Hi Thr111,
thank you very much for your support and suggestions!

We will do everything possible to satisfy you! :)

Thr111 wrote:
Fragvergnugen wrote:

> a kart game with an all-female cast of racers and inspired by fruit

Sugar Rush?

I thought there were some effeminate looking 'boys' in the playable characters, not just all girls


Hi guys, All-Star Fruit Racing's characters are more more more different!



Update thread with many screenshots!

AFR Screen 01

AFR Screen 02

AFR Screen 03

Coconui 03

Coconui 06

Coconui 09

FrozenCastle 03

FrozenCastle 02

FrozenCastle 08

We have also update All-Star Fruit Racing's description! Do you like it?

All-Star Fruit Racing is the kart racing game you’ve been waiting for! More exciting, colorful, fruity, strategic and - most importantly - more fun than anything else before. Dodging coconut bowling balls or avoiding hungry dinosaurs race, on the moon or Machu Picchu, play with your friends either in split-screen mode or online. Easy to learn but hard to master, choose your team, customize your kart and decide which of the various playing modes tempts you most;

Ready
Steady
Go…………………..and have the juiciest fun you have in ages.
Stay tuned, stay fruits!

Mar 23 2017 Anchor

Just a question, how go the character models?

Mar 24 2017 Anchor
3DClouds wrote:
Stacy5 wrote:

Sound Great!! I love Racing games.. Excited much to try playing a colorful, fruity, strategic Racing game.

:) Thank you! We hope that our game you like!

3DClouds wrote:
Stacy5 wrote:

Just a question, how go the character models?

We are working very hard about characters! We will update you with any new developments (tracks, gameplay etc etc..)!


Drive faster than anyone else but… beware of curves!

AFR 2017

Edited by: 3DClouds

Apr 11 2017 Anchor

After months of hard work, please find the latest All Star Fruit Racing trailer! Youtu.be

All-Star Fruit Racing is now on Steam Greenlight! Vote, vote, vote for us! We need your help!

Steamcommunity.com

Powered by Unreal Engine

Stay tuned, stay fruits!


Screenshot 05 Web

Screenshot 14 Web

Screenshot 44 Web

Edited by: 3DClouds

Apr 13 2017 Anchor

Both the carts and the characters are not what I expected, still nice though.

Apr 14 2017 Anchor
Thr111 wrote:

Both the carts and the characters are not what I expected, still nice though.

Hi, what you would expect karts and characters?

We are curious :)

Apr 14 2017 Anchor

Well the concepts for the characters had always looked very realistic. Somehow I find it doesn't blend quite as well with your more 'realistic' scenery. For the carts I thought they would be more like variations of the one you had always shown with your title.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.