Forum Thread
A free Space 2 Mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : A free Space 2 Mod) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 4 2003 Anchor

I have been playing FS2 for long by now, and there isn't anykind of idea of official continutement to story, so I got an idea that how about making it by fans.

I have the starting point writen somewhere but I will add it here when I find IT :). (it's not on my computer)

Moddb.com read latest post.

- Edited By XenaToR On Thu 11th, Dec 2003 @ 3:15:32am

--

Leader of mod project
Codename: Operation Black Sun Rising
Moddb.com

Favorite games: Red Faction, D2 and Enemy Territory.

aea
aea modDB Hacker
Dec 4 2003 Anchor

Use the search feature, I think 2 people have already posted something to that extent, one had 5 times better story, and still wasn't created :|

Dec 4 2003 Anchor

Yeah that begin story may be crappy but I have couple twists in plot, what makes it fun, and I will put it here as soon as I find it and rewrite it.

--

Leader of mod project
Moddb.com

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Dec 5 2003 Anchor

FS2s gameplay is awesome !!

--

Dec 10 2003 Anchor

Yeah here is the starting point for my FS2 mod which is squel to FS2.

29 years has passed since shivan juggernaut armada destroyed capella star. To this day GTVA scientists haven't been able to explain how did juggernauts cause supernova although they have create an accepable theory which follows: Shivan juggernauts did have onboard weaponsystem which made them capable to bombard capella star and steal it's energy reserves. But there is two speculations why shivans did destroy the capella star 1) shivan juggernauts did use that energy to make an interstellar jump to some unknown system maybe their homesystem. 2) By advise Admiral Aken Bosch shivan juggernaut armada showed their spureme firepower and technology by destroying capella star.

However destruction of capella star and anomalous subspace field caused by shivans had far more unexpected outcome than the wildest speculations. 6 years after destruction of capella star. During routine patrol GTD halo (hecate class destroyer) detected incoming jump signature from unknown origin, as normal procedure of situation GTD Halo alerted whole fleet within system incase comers would be hostiles.
When fleet from unknown origin arrived. C.O. of GTD halo didn't belive what he saw comers weren't hostile or shivans at all they were the spearhead of expedition from earth. The subspace node between delta serpentis and sol was somehow restored as chainreaction when shivans destroyed capella star.
After confirmation that fleet really was expedetion from earth GTVA security council announced all units in GTVA fleet what had happend in Delta serpentis and decleared common celebration terran fleet.

Whit superior technology and enermous resources from SOL system and two previously unknow system GTVA security council estimated that GTVA will be able to re-build and remarkably improve their fleet in whitin next decade.

However joy was shortlived since after 7 years after restoration SOL jumpnode recollapsed. Isoloating earth again. Only this time GTVA security council had made plan in situation like this would occur. It was agreed that engineers at SOL end of jumpnode will construct knossos subspace portal to stablilize jumpnode permanently. Also plan had condition that SOL fleet must have enough firepower to destroy multiple shivan juggernauts.
Since then terran fleet had been waint new expedition from sol.

16 years after recollapse of sol jumpnode starts real capmpaing.

Terran fleet has been been encountering unknow activites and problems in several systmes as it has lost ships and cargo to unknown phenomenom. Problem has been classified by GTVA security counlic until there is some good explanation to this phenomenom.
Player starts in terran squadron what has been ordered to patrol these systems to get somekind information or explanation for this phonenom.

So there the begining story for my FS2 mod which is meant to be sequel to FS2. Now I want opinions and ideas and espcially pepole who is willing to help make this. 8)

PS. Please no unpolite comments about speliing errors I fix them when I find any. Ofcourse if you wanna help making corrections please use PM.

--

Leader of mod project
Moddb.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.