Forum Thread
$8 USD A Track (Forums : Sound Design & Composition : $8 USD A Track) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 16 2012 Anchor

Looking to work on my first projects, so I am only charging $8 a track. Here's a brief portfolio: freelancer.com/u/BjornChapman.html

What you get: All the rights to the track. Use them in as many projects as you like. Put them in promos. When you buy the track you own all the rights -- it is YOURS.

Feel free to ask for more samples and I will send them to you.

Sep 17 2012 Anchor

Sorry, but speaking as a composer, myself, I can confidently say that game developers, at least in this particular community, don't want to pay for any music services. They'll only accept you if you give away your music for free. I know it's painful, and even now, it still is for me, but it's the truth.

Sep 17 2012 Anchor

Well, i've been lucky to score little jingles on various Freelancing websites. Please don't hijack my thread. This is a thread for my services.

If anyone here is interested please contact me. I am very patient and I can communicate on a regular basis.

Edited by: WhatsinaGame

Sep 17 2012 Anchor

I agree with pythonblue he's not hijacking your thread just giving critisim. Personnaly you won't find anyone to sell your tracks here considering most composers here offer their services for free, primarily devoting themselves to building a portfolio rather than make money.

Edited by: atsebak

Sep 17 2012 Anchor

$8/track is a pretty good price. Infact, it's a steal for what you're offering: full rights to the track.

I'd make a suggestion though: when you sell a track you don't make it 100% theirs, they must use it with something: a video, a game, remix, etc. They can't resell the track as is. That's what the normal license is on royalty free music & FX.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Sep 17 2012 Anchor

Well, I was posting an ad. I wasn't seeking criticism. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but this is my thread guys! I appreciate the good intentions here, but this thread has come off as more of an advice post than a guy looking to make a quick buck. Sad face.

Yes. It's a steal; that's what I am offering.
.. Is there any way to advertise here without being batted down by people with "more authority"?

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Sep 17 2012 Anchor

WhatsinaGame wrote: Well, I was posting an ad. I wasn't seeking criticism. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but this is my thread guys! I appreciate the good intentions here, but this thread has come off as more of an advice post than a guy looking to make a quick buck. Sad face.

Yes. It's a steal; that's what I am offering.
.. Is there any way to advertise here without being batted down by people with "more authority"?

It's a forum. Just because you create a thread it doesn't mean you get to control how it grows (provided it stays more or less on topic, which this one has); that's how it works on most forums. If you just want to advertise your services you could try the jobs boards for indie and/or moddb:
Moddb.com
Indiedb.com

Sep 18 2012 Anchor

I agree, I was only hoping my budding musicians would respect it for what it is.
Well this post has been completely defaced... i'll check the jobs section. Thanks. :P

Edited by: WhatsinaGame

MA-Simon
MA-Simon Composer
Sep 18 2012 Anchor

But, I did get paid jobs here...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.