Forum Thread
42 days later (Forums : Cosmos : 42 days later) Locked
Thread Options
mSparks
mSparks Physcological Warrior
Jun 3 2008 Anchor

:evil:

please please please can we lynch these but munchers sometime soon.

News.bbc.co.uk

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith says she is hopeful the government will win its bid to extend detention of terror suspects without charge from 28 days to 42 days.

ffs, I mean, come on, wtf!!!!

And you in the US think your President is a complete A-hole, look what we have to put up with.

Edited by: mSparks

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jun 4 2008 Anchor

That's nice, isn't it? In the close future our governments will be able to lock us up in our homes (or in prison) without giving us a reason and labeling our crime "international terrorism". This shows how blurry the chase on terror really is. It's like we are hunting ghost farts...

--

User Posted Image

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Jun 4 2008 Anchor

It doesn't make any difference, if they wanted to hold them indefinitely, they'd just package them off to a "territory" instead.

AbsentBlue
AbsentBlue AbsentBrain too
Jun 4 2008 Anchor

ambershee wrote: It doesn't make any difference, if they wanted to hold them indefinitely, they'd just package them off to a "territory" instead.

Britons already did that; it turned into Australia.

--

I ate the red pill but Morpheus told me it wasn't a chewable so I guess I'm stuck here. Eh.

mSparks
Jun 4 2008 Anchor

SinKing wrote: That's nice, isn't it? In the close future our governments will be able to lock us up in our homes (or in prison) without giving us a reason and labeling our crime "international terrorism". This shows how blurry the chase on terror really is. It's like we are hunting ghost farts...

Britain already did this to. its called house arrest and can be issued without charge or evidence for an indefinite period (Tony Blairs real legacy) :
Video.google.com

Edited by: mSparks

kinesis916
kinesis916 King Of My Bedroom
Jun 5 2008 Anchor

Well the only real thing that I don't like about it is that it seems to apply only to suspected terrorists, and not just suspected criminals in general. I think it has come up before about the benefits of applying it to just suspected criminals in general. Oh well the governent will do what they want and not what they promise.

--

Portfolio
Give me a job, NOW! Please.
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jun 5 2008 Anchor

I think we should probably motivate all our governments to build huge walls around our cities and put minefields around our borders. We could start building castles soon and "smite ye foreign heed!"

This seems helpless. There is no real point in holding people for more than a month, if you don't have any proof of criminal action. Quite a lot of people turned up in Guantanamo - and are still there - who never did anything terroristic. If at least they had taken them to Roswell and pretended it was an alien abduction, but no - we don't need aliens to behave pointlessly cruel and uncivilized towards each other.

--

User Posted Image

mSparks
Aug 20 2008 Anchor

for what its worth. they got the 42 days law passed
David Davis then resigned and fought and won his seat as a 'protest' - winning 72% of the vote.
and they still have their 42 day law.
just watched the debate in parliament. f'ing disgrace.
please can we lynch them now.
or maybe get some Al-Qaeda to do it for us.

It wasn't me:
Telegraph.co.uk

The House of Lords threw this out yesterday.
My faith in our system is almost restored, if it wasn't still being run by the incompetent baffoons who've done such a great job of fusking up our economy.

--

__
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
__
If you have nothing to lose you have nothing to hide:
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear:
Theborgmatrix.com

AlexCrafter
AlexCrafter Mapper
Nov 2 2008 Anchor

It should be 28 days in order to make a subtle reference to 28 days later. Also it should be for detention of suspected infectious subjects.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.