Forum Thread
2 games im looking for (Forums : PC Gaming : 2 games im looking for) Locked
Thread Options
Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
May 18 2006 Anchor

i'm looking for:

• Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
  • Virus the game (this one: Gamespot.com )

they both should be abandonware now, so its not warez :)
but i cant find them
i found virus the game on the underdogs but since the site is down...well cant find them
anyone found them?

i repeat: looking for abandonware, no warez

--

°w°

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 18 2006 Anchor

Freeoldies.com

I don't think either of them are abandonware yet.

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
May 18 2006 Anchor

I doubt you'll find Turok as abandonware until 2010+, seeing as it's a fairly popular franchise. It took close to 9 years for C&C95 to wander onto Abandonia.

--

Arxae
May 22 2006 Anchor

well.
i found virus the game.
but i cant get it running.
after some tweaking i get the intro vid playing and the main menu (wich is fucked up) but if i want to start a map, it says missing resource.tx (where x is a number)
hope i get it working :) me wants to fly trough my computer xd

--

°w°

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
May 22 2006 Anchor

BlckWyerve wrote: I doubt you'll find Turok as abandonware until 2010+, seeing as it's a fairly popular franchise. It took close to 9 years for C&C95 to wander onto Abandonia.

C&C shouldn't be abandonware anyway, seeing that's also a mega popular franchise also renewed with the C&C : The Decade pack.

I remember running an abandonware site myself, however i only focused on REAL abandonware, not popular titles that are so-called abandonware. Like has anyone ever heard of the games Phylox and Megatron for example?

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Arxae
May 22 2006 Anchor

err...yeah xd
somewhat vagely though

--

°w°

Kiith-Somtaaw
Kiith-Somtaaw Cake Eater
May 22 2006 Anchor

Can someone explain to me what are warez and abondonwares and the like? O_o
And I remember Megatron! I may be pretty young but I still got a soft spot or the oldies :) I have a PS1 and N64 set up in my room, along with my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop (circa 1995) which I have dubbed my "DOOM Machine". The oldest System I still have is a broken NES (Abused it as a young child <=[ ). Maybe I could make a thread about the oldies... let me run a forum search for it first....

Edited by: Kiith-Somtaaw

--

Signature

"Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now I am free to contemplate my existence in philosophical and metaphorical terms. Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints. The candles burn out for you; I am free."

Sw1fty
Sw1fty Baggage Train
May 22 2006 Anchor

warez are illegally procured games, that people download but are still licensed and really should be bought. Abandonware are games that are no longer licensed and are free to download. Abandonware usually comes about from the gaming companies going defunct, leavning their titles open to be enjoyed. I'm not sure of the details but I think Savage is abandonware because it was leaked so badly the developers just gave up. The first 2 GTA games have been released for free by Rockstar, and they even polished them up, which is probably the most generous thing such a massive developer has ever done for us gamers.

--

Thick as a Brick

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 23 2006 Anchor

Command and Conquer is NOT abandonware.

May 23 2006 Anchor

warez: games obtained illegally. I belive the term was coined to avoid "the feds" on older networks (like "prOn").

abandonware: games that copmanies no longer care about. This has nothing to do with how the game is obtained (warez or purchased) so it may be illegal or legal (some companies just put their own games under the title "abandonware" but it's technically freeware. abandonware is a newer turn that people accociate with older software they want but won't pay for).
You can easily obtain Turok 2 on e-bay for ~$2-3.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Arxae
May 23 2006 Anchor

i looked at ebay, but it isent in belgium.
and no way im buying a game from the us (costs me more then teh game)

--

°w°

May 25 2006 Anchor

only one I dont see another one to looking for? (In fact most of words I can't reconise(maybe this word is wrong)

--

Never fall in Memories.
after years,sometime,something.nothing changed,I just keep moving.              
design.K

JoeX111
JoeX111 Tilting at windmills
May 25 2006 Anchor

Try downloading the game from here: The-underdogs.info

Home of the Underdogs is probably the best Abandonware site around.

Arxae
May 25 2006 Anchor

i got it from there but i cant play :(
says it cant load resource.t16 (for example) if you press new game and the menu is fucked up

--

°w°

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.