Forum Thread
$1000 Toward Your Game (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : $1000 Toward Your Game) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 12 2014 Anchor

I'm investing $1000 toward the development of your game. Only one studio will be chosen and you must submit the following: 1. Your games plot, 2. Images of progress in development (2D sketches of characters and 3D models) 3. Your studio info (How long you've been together, list of games in development, etc..)

Email Seamus McDonald @ pseamusmcdonald@gmail.com

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Feb 13 2014 Anchor

What if the game doesn't have a story or characters :p?

Most games that would benefit from $1000 probably don't.

Feb 13 2014 Anchor

i am interested but am a little worried about what you are planning on getting out of this. i would be happy to negotiate

iqew
iqew VFX Artist
Feb 13 2014 Anchor

Sounds like you're buying other people's work to copy it.

--

Need some polishing for your game with beautiful VFX? Check out my website: Game-vfx.com

Feb 13 2014 Anchor

Sounds like a genuine contest for a change .. sadly im not able to submit an entry at this point.
Not as im scared of someone stealing my ideas.. simply put im not making a commercial venture game and the stuff im making is all fanart stuff.
However there are many decent game makers here that will be creating a nice epic adventure with charectors already drawn up and storys fleshed out ..
Still there is no assurance the maker of this contest wont simply just take your idea and program a better more slick version that outsells the initial creators concepts.. (though I suspect copyright would still be owned for the charectors at least by the original artist so its unlikely this will be a problem.
thankyou gamerpassion for contributing this contest and I wish you and your chosen winner all the best.

--

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
Don't force it, get a larger hammer.
I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering

Feb 14 2014 Anchor

You would have to have a pretty amazing idea for someone to go to the effort of stealing it. That and they would have to be brain dead themselves. Ideas are a dime a dozen.

Plus, if you already have an open devlog, then what stops him from stealing those ideas already?

Anyway, terms of the agreement would be important for this kind of thing. And for $1000, I don't think most people would be willing to compromise much.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Feb 14 2014 Anchor

The_splat wrote: thankyou gamerpassion for contributing this contest and I wish you and your chosen winner all the best.

Errr, it's not a contest.

Octimus
Octimus Mr Maya
Feb 14 2014 Anchor

To be honest not enough details to go on here.

Lets face it your not just gonna give 1k away for nothing.

--

Death Octimus

Feb 14 2014 Anchor

It looks like your trying to steal ideas :flame:
plus big 3D games won't benefit from $1000
when your mass producing it's very very expensive
but if your quite serious about this good luck to
anyone who enters :)

Feb 15 2014 Anchor

gamerrpassion wrote: 1. Your games plot

It's about a man trying to poop in a trash can while keeping his dignity because his toilet is broken and his next door neighbors won't let him use it and it will be too late if leaves a few yards from his home.

gamerrpassion wrote: 2. Images of progress in development (2D sketches of characters and 3D models)

gamerrpassion wrote: 3. Your studio info (How long you've been together, list of games in development, etc..)

I am the CEO (President), producer, director, art manager, music composer, head programmer, and coffee guy for Trash Can Hobo productions. We are located in the back of McDonald's. Stray dogs are my mode of transportation. Working on a game where you kill everyone in your path because life is not fair and I can't vent my anger on society because of some stupid thing called "the law".

iqew
iqew VFX Artist
Feb 18 2014 Anchor

HDSanctum wrote: You would have to have a pretty amazing idea for someone to go to the effort of stealing it. That and they would have to be brain dead themselves. Ideas are a dime a dozen.

Plus, if you already have an open devlog, then what stops him from stealing those ideas already?

Anyway, terms of the agreement would be important for this kind of thing. And for $1000, I don't think most people would be willing to compromise much.

He's not just asking for ideas, but also for material from the development. The fact that he is not given away ANY information really makes it unprofessional.

Edited by: iqew

--

Need some polishing for your game with beautiful VFX? Check out my website: Game-vfx.com

Feb 16 2015 Anchor

Think I'm a little bit late, right? (._. )

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.