Republic at War will have many new and exciting features new to EaW/FoC
Posted by z3r0x on Sep 26th, 2010
Republic at War Gameplay Features:
- Brand New Factions: Two brand new factions that replace the existing factions in the game. Now you may fight as the Confederacy or the Republic.
- Brand NEW AI: We have re-wrote and added in a brand new AI. Our AI is aggressive and relentless. From targeting the planets you need to produce units to striking you on the hidden planet you were using to amass your mega fleet. RaW's AI does it all. Never again will you sit idly by waiting for hours for the AI to do anything.
- Scalable Clone units: Players will be able to build small squads, or large battle formations such as Legions.
- Individual and unique unit markings
- Varied models to increase realism: Players will notice clones and other units are varied, meaning some will have carbines and some will have rifles. Some will have bandoliers, dirty armor and some will have clean armor. This will add a exciting sense of realism to the battlefield.
- Unique models for all 66 planets in the mod
- All new soundtrack and new custom sound effects
- New faction structures that add some new economic and production options to the game.
- Mercenaries: Players will now have the new ability to purchase Mercenaries and pirates in addition to the original bounty hunters and smugglers.
- Shipyards: Shipyards replace the vanilla space stations. These massive structures add a new dimension to space battles.
- Ambient Features: Players will notice the maps and levels are no longer devoid of life. They now teem with life. Droid, Speeders, Air-Speeders, Cargo Freighters, Animals, Fauna, hover trains, etc. The team has added in over 150 of these items that will move about their daily lives as you wage battle on land or on space.
- Ambient Sound Effects: Over 50 new ambient SFX have been added to the game to immerse the player like never before.
- New indigenous units: We have added in 8 new indigenous units to go along with the new planets we have added. From Ithorians to Rodians they are all there.
- New Flora and Fauna: We have included several new animals from Bull Rancors, Krayt Dragons to new tree types. All of this is done to increase the realism of the mod
- New Skirmish Maps: Several new and exciting maps have been added to the Skirmish library. From unique locations like Christophsis, to maps designed for infantry only. There is something for everyone.
- Immersive Maps: Each level has been constructed to add a sense of realism like never before. From unique lighting effects, ambient SFX, independent citizens, and 265 new props.
- New Unit Abilities: Many units have new and exciting combat abilities.
- New Planet Abilities: All the new planets have new and exciting abilities that either help or hurt your ability to wage war across the galaxy.
- New Campaigns: Fight the Clone Wars at your own pace or follow one of the many custom time-line campaigns. In these all you can do is wage battles, but the time-line effects the galaxy in ways you cannot change. Win the war as the CIS or let Anakin become Darth Vader and hunt down the Jedi. Either way you decide the fate of the galaxy!
- Cutting Edge Graphics: All of the units have been created with quality in mind. All of the new models have been made even more realistic than ever before with higher polygons and higher resolution skins.
- New and stunning Visual Effect: Every laser, explosion, and damage particle has been re-done for added realism and immersion into the Clone Wars era.
- Death Clones or Death Animations for every vehicle.
- Weapon Specific Deaths. (Lightsabers cause dismemberment, bombs cause bodies to fly, fire burns, force push and shove throw infantry VERY far, etc)
- Civilian Casualties: These so called "citizens" that wander around can indeed get in the way of your battle plans. Sometimes in war accidents happen. Its called "collateral damage" well in RaW there is a price, literally. If you kill innocent civilians either on purpose or accident you will have to pay reparations for each person killed.
- Battle Pads: In space and land skirmish you can build unique structures that can offer distinct advantages. Each side has several to choose from and each one offers advantages and disadvantages so they must be chosen wisely.
- Sub-Factions: Now with the use of the "Battle Pad" feature each side has several sub factions they can choose. From the Bounty Hunters Guild, to the Lok Revenants.