First we copy the sound file we want to use to the right place, fire up Face Poser and use the phoneme extractor to add lip sync information to the sound file.
Then we add an actor, add the sound file to the actor's timeline, save it to a .vcd file and rebuild our scenes.image file.
Then we make a quick map to test it out in the game.
- Go to your start menu and open up the "Control Panel".
- Make sure you have "View by" set to "Category" (not large/small icons).
- Click on: "Ease of access", then "Speech recognition" and then "Text to Speech" (to the left).
- A window should pop up, go to the "Speech Recognition" tab.
- Set "Language" to "Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - UK)", if you can't, then just set it to something else and pray that it works.
- Click Ok and try again (no program restart should be necessary).
If you want more video tutorials as they get added, please press the "track me" icon just below (If you're already tracking, pressing the button will untrack me).