Leadwerks is the easiest way to build 3D games. With a rapid development pipeline, support for Lua and C++ programming, and plenty of learning materials, Leadwerks is the perfect way to learn to make games.
1- inferior graphics when compared to Leadwerks 2.0...
2- convoluted, misleading and confusing (if not outright deceptive) promotional hype...
3- censorship on the forums of legitimate questions and comments...
4- the head of the company has followed me around the internet trying to get web publishers to delete my critical comments...
a long time licensee and proponent for Leadwerks, i can no longer support the company and the direction it is heading... there are other more dependable and less expensive development alternatives out there that offer more... i feel that Leadwerks has lost its vision and has become little more than a money making machine for Joshua Klint, the head of the company...
nice piece of software but its just a tool to play with. nothing against the big engines (unity, unreal, cryengine)
- no decal support (waiting for months for a update)
- no texture baking for lights/shadows (performance drops)
- GUI is very bad designed (no threads for generating textures and other stuff -> Editor is freezing all the time)
- GUI usability and logic is very bad designed.
- very buggy (random access violation error, random crashes, sometimes steamversion crash steam client bootstrapper also)
- editing animations is very hard to solve (no chance to edit something except the ID, no blending in the editor between animations just in code)
- terraineditor has very small functionality
- No terrainmanipulation in code possible (no classes given)
- time between updates is too bug but updates contain not much new stuff
- very small workshop with user created content (I dont need it, I create stuff myself or buy it) that wasted a lot of codingtime for other things
- supports only .FBX models
- navmesh is not updated when something changed (the product info say so)
- ONLY OpenGL 4.0 graphiccards supported (means your game can only be created/played on OpenGL 4.0 gpus)
- "negative" critic or asking for functionality that was promised months ago ends in deleting threads/posts or a ban in the forums
- to expansive for me - $199 for standard edition (LUA/CPP)
- no GUI classes to create a GUI
- no networking (client/server, p2p) -> raknet only works with cpp version by default
- no performance monitoring
- it sells as crossplattform engine but only windows and linux is supported. osx support is coming (no date given)
- android/ouya support was canceled
- very small community (over 10k registred but maybe just 10 guys know how to use leadwerks)
- royality free (but only interesting when you can create a complete game and sell it)
- LUA/CPP language support
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.