Game Develop is a free game development software allowing to create any kind of 2D game without needing any knowledge in a specific language : Everything is made thanks to visual editors. The software uses an "event based" system, using conditions which have to been filled so as to execute actions. These events are compiled by Game Develop to machine code, as ordinary programming languages, making GD quite unique in the world of game development software.
The editor is designed to be simple but powerful :
* Use of a Ribbon to allow easy access to features. ( Game Develop uses wxRibbon )
* Can be used on Windows and Ubuntu 11.04
* Extension system so as to enhance the features of Game Develop.
* Entirely visual scene editor, so as to see directly the aspect of the game ( WYSIWYG ).
* Layers system.
* Visual Event editor, allowing simple and efficient creation.
* Preview directly integrated to the editor. No need to wait to test games.
* Powerful integrated Debugger, allowing to verify the properties and the values of the objects or of the variables and to modify them.
* Customizable skin.
* Use of variable lists to easily find the variables used in your game.
A lot of features are available for game creation :
* Animated sprites, composed of animations with directions.
* Text object, so as to display easily text on the screen.
* 3D Box object, so as to create 3D Building for example.
* Features allowing to manipulate objects on the scene.
* Support for keyboard and mouse.
* Object allowing to draw directly shapes on screen.
* Support for joysticks.
* Timers and time manipulation, allowing to create slowdown.
* Ability to play sounds and music, and manipulate them.
* Simple handling of files: Saving, Loading, Removing files...
* Encryption functions.
So if you start with $500k x 2 = $1m dollars, hmm maybe that's not enough...
Hey future Telecom player! Thank you for reading us, no seriously you rock.
Listen, the thing is that we were doing the math on how much money you would need to keep your telecom company up and running, and we decided that you will start the game with the tiny amount of one million dollars to build your wireless empire across the states.
Maybe is a huge startup budget, but believe us when we say that you will need it. Think about it for a second, cell towers network, FCC license fees, maintenance, state taxes, monthly payroll, data centers, offices, retail stores, ok you are clear. But just in case, if for some reason you run out of cash we got you covered.
This is why we have implemented some new cool features that will try to save you from bankruptcy. As you heard they will try, but please note that we can't do miracles.
First of all, in order to keep your accounts clear, you need to be organized, this is why we have added an amazing finances menu that will assist you when managing your funds.
With the same thing in mind, we added a sexy table, which calculates all the expenses and shows your monthly budget. By the way, although you see zero state taxes in the screenshot don't ever imagine that you will see that in-game. Tax haven only for developers!
Because we know that things happen, we have designed a loan system that will always be more than pleased to bail you out of trouble. Of course for a little amount of interest in return. Nothing is free!
But if you think that was all, to close with a golden flourish, from now on you will have the opportunity to buy and sell shares thanks to the brand new market share system.
Need more hands? Just write to BidOn Games team:
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
Telecom Tycoon puts you in the role of a young CEO, of a newly established telecommunications company, and gives you all the tools to build the next telecom...
This is a game about killing ducks, MANY ducks. Four levels, Four guns. The credits for audio used in this game are in the README.txt file. PLEASE ATTENTION...
Platformer Challenge is a platformer game with an integrated level editor. The game can be played alone or with friends on the same computer or on Internet...
Play on to find out how much of a Yuvi can you be! When Flintoff sledged, Broad felt the brunt of it as Yuvi made the ball disappear six times in a row...
Dark Cell is a platform horror puzzle game. I started the development a few weeks ago after being inspired by ghost stories. You play a role of a prisoner...
I am makeing a game about zombies and shooting them right now i have made it on single player but later it will be on multiplayer. it will have better...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.