The FlatRedBall Engine is a 2.5D game engine focusing on ease of use and asset management. Development of the FlatRedBall engine began in early 2002, but the Engine was not available for public download until January 17, 2005. Since then, both the community and the engine have grown considerably. Originally, the FlatRedBall Engine was designed for 2D games, and used the 3D technology for simple effects. However, as the engine has grown, its support for 3D has also improved. Basic 3D games can be developed using the FlatRedBall Engine, although most of its functionality is built with the assumption that the game is 2D. FlatRedBall XNA provides more advanced 3D support. Combined with the FlatRedBall Development Kit, the FlatRedBall Engine can be used to rapidly develop any 2D game and some 3D games. The feature set continues to grow, and the developers are very responsive to user suggestions. We are confident that the FlatRedBall Engine is the easiest to use game engine available.
A little late due to Pie Overdose (thannnnnkkkks Thanksgiving) - here is a gameplay video of a new level which serves to introduce the Mountain Woman character. It is set in mountainous terrain and I like it quite a bit. This week also included a lot of bugfixing including visual fixes, strange enemy movement fixes, and some interface fixes.
Changelog (A quick, unformatted copy paste job):
* Fixed mountain woman (and others) potentially trying to path through doors if they are placed in such a way that when they are added to the Network they are open, thus not blocking links and nodes.
* Nerfed the cauldron.
* Level buttons now load when returning from the game. Victory and Defeat overlay buttons now appear properly. Main Menu button is removed during victory and defeat screens.
* Mountain women can now pathfind while on a cliff.
* Fixed zoom level issues.
* Fixed buttons broken by change to button states.
* Hooked up the starting lives, which are set in maps properties.
* Added a counter to the gold pile for lives. Need to hook it up to the rest of the code. Added a new GoldPile entity to support the flag display and text functionality.
* Fixed gum issues with Victor's help. Added a delete save user interaction state.
* Fixed issue where second save delete wouldn't work properly. Moved around functionality so that the user interaction states were in charge of user interaction and not generating buttons and all that jazz, which ended up with some sub-par UX (buttons disappearing before the animation to the next screen played, etc.)
* Added a TwoSidedButton for level select. One side has a trash icon and will let players delete their save (once I hook it up).
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
King Randall's Party is a side-scrolling fortress defense game where you build your defenses block by block, from the ground up, to defend the Royal Treasury...
The Incredible Baron combines real time strategy gameplay with over 45 collectible animal species in a tale of exploration, science, and betrayal. As...
Marathon Monk is a classic running platformer in the vein of Canbalt and Robot Unicorn Attack - run for your health, run for fun, run because THEY ARE...
Story: A little dragon was kidnapped by an evil witch and placed in the hostile world. Now he must find a way back home.
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.