Construct is a free powerful and easy to use development software for both DirectX 9-based games and applications. It includes an event based system for defining how the game or application will behave, in a visual, human-readable way - easy enough for complete beginners to get results quickly. Optionally, advanced users can also use Python scripting to code your creations.
Construct is not a commercial software project, and is developed by volunteers. It is 100% free to download the full version - no nag screens, adverts or restricted features at all.
Create games and applications with:
* Super fast hardware-accelerated DirectX 9 graphics engine
* Add multiple pixel shaders for special effects, including lighting, HDR, distortion, lenses and more
* Advanced rendering effects like motion blur, skew and bumpmapping (3D lighting)
* Innovative Behaviors system for defining how objects work in a flexible way
* Physics engine for realistic object behavior
* Place object on different layers for organising display, parallaxing, or whole-layer effects - also freely zoom individual layers in and out with high detail
* Debugger giving you complete control over all aspects of your game for testing purposes.
* Python scripting for advanced users - however, Construct's Events system is still powerful enough to complete entire games without any scripting.
* Smaller, faster specialised runtime for applications
* 60+ plugins ranging from Tiled Background to Windows controls and a C++ plugin SDK for custom development
Construct is developed open source under the General Public License (GPL). This means you can download and use Construct for free, but it also means that the underlying source code - the code that defines how the program works - is also freely available. This means other programmers are free to fix errors in the code and make their own contributions to Construct. Development is located on Construct's SourceForge.net page.
For more information, see Open-source Software (Wikipedia) and GPL (Wikipedia), the open-source license Construct uses.
User Interface Library
Construct uses the Prof-UIS professional user interface library, with kind permission of FOSS Software, Inc. Remember if you wish to use this library in your own project, you must purchase the appropriate license from the website.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
Elysis is a top-down action-RPG which aims to provide a gratifying sense of combat and exploration. To achieve this, the addon system was conceived as...
In this game you will be able to view the top you will be able to run with his friend from the zombies eat to die and shoot these rather poorly thought...
PRISMAGIC is a arcade game. You need to get highest score by pressing right keys. !IMPORTANT! I just lost all my data and need to recreate entire game...
"Tcheco no Castelo do Sarney" is an exciting, fast-paced action game. Help Tcheco the Adventure Boy to leave a mysterious castle with dozens of deadly...
HUH local HUH - third-person shooter with a view from the top, where in each level you must survive for 6 minutes, firing from the zombies. Fun is guaranteed...
This is the tiny project I am working on. The demo isn't completed, you can't even finish stage 1. And it seems there is a bug will cause the game crash...
Invasion of alien brain parasites has begun, portal to hell was opened by the Doomsday cultists and another dark forces rampage through the New Sodom...
Top down 2D Shoot'Em Up with small amount of RPG elements.
A clone of flappy bird for pc with some extra stuff press keys from 1 to 7 to change characters and "L" to see the archivements
Bloop! Liquid chemistry has never been so much fun! Ignite your imagination with a whimsical 2D liquid physics-based puzzle game by Studio 2SD. Experiment...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.