Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for id Software's 2004 FPS: Doom 3. Its main purposes are to update visuals of Doom 3 to a more modern level and to allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles all while maintaining the core mechanics and aesthetics originally put in by id Software. The mod also includes a number of fixes to and better organization of stock files in order to create a clean and more stable base for future mods.
// Change Log:
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom max armor values. The values used are set through their respective def files.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom ammo capacity values. The values used are set through their respective def files.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom ammo clip size values. The values used are set through their respective def files.
- Added a cvar to toggle weapon awareness. Having weapon awareness on also reduces spread/recoil while zoomed in.
- Added a cvar to select weapon handling type meaning what kind of spread/recoil to use. Fixed means the the values are fixed and variable means that the values increase as you continue firing. The mechanic is very basic but it works well enough for Doom 3 gameplay.
- Added a cvar to toggle the origin point where the player's weapon projectile is launched from. Default means it uses what's defined in the weapon's def and "From Barrel", of course, means all projectiles are launched from the weapon's barrel. The Precise crosshair works with both methods.
- Added a cvar to toggle player fall damage on/off.
- Added a cvar to set the player's movement speed. 0(Doom 3) and 1(Doom 1&2) are hard coded. 2(Custom) means it uses the values that are set in "pm_crouchspeed", "pm_walkspeed", and "pm_runspeed" cvars.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom damage values. The values used are set through their respective def files. The Doom 1 & 2 values use the same math as use in the original Doom games.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom locational damage scale values. The values used are set through their respective def files. Doom 1 & 2 mode means there's no locational damage.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom enemy health values. The values used are set through their respective def files.
- Added a cvar to select between normal, Doom, and custom weapon damage values. The values used are set through their respective def files. The cvar also changes enemy damage values.
- Added a new monster: Spectre. Basically just a pink demon with a custom skin. It randomly replaces the normal pinky based on value of "g_enemySpectreFactor".
- Added two monsters from revility's Demon Expansion Pack: The Baron of Hell and Pain Elemental. The Baron randomly replaces the Hellknight and the Pain Elemental randomly replaces the Cacodemon. Their appearance factor is controlled by the cvars: "g_enemyBaronFactor" and "g_enemyPainElementalFactor", respectively.
- Cyberdemon no longer takes splash damage when "Cyberdemon Damage Type" is set to "All Weapons", like in the original Doom games.
- Fixed "Precise" crosshair. It's completely accurate now for all weapons.
- Added Chainsaw Stickage™. This is to mimic the behavior of the Doom chainsaw where the view follows the monsters being chainsawed. Should make chainsawing lost souls and other monsters easier.
- Monsters now have a "pain chance" while hacking them up with the chainsaw. The pain animation overrides their melee attack similar to how it is in Doom 1 & 2. This is to make the chainsaw a more viable weapon and, not to mention, much more fun to use.
- Removed the chainsaw's need for plasma fuel.
- Fixed sun shafts shader.
- Fixed/improved a number of ao shaders. HBAO (low, medium, and high), ray marching, and vo have all been touched to either work better or to actually work correctly.
- Improved the look of the explosion radial blur shader.
- Some minor tweaks to the interaction shaders that will hopefully improve performance some.
- Went through every shader and fixed/tweaked various things where needed.
- Added a number of replacement interaction shaders that use various parallax methods. These are to maintain mod compatibility for those who are using high-res texture packs with heightmap support. It is recommended to use one of these shaders as opposed to the ones that come with any of the texture packs.
- Reverted all of the glass materials to their default states, so no more glass specular.
- Updated main menu with the new cvars
- Added a cvar to select between the use of Doom 3's default hud gui and the custom Alpha hud. One thing to note is that "g_useDynamicHud" only effects the Alpha hud.
- Added a cvar to select between the use of Doom 3's default player head model and the marine helmet as the player's head.
- Moveable items now have collision sound effects.
- Fixed a bug in Delta1 where the outer ring of the reactor would move into place due to colliding with a medkit.
*Note: Again, this list is probably not 100% complete. Since it's just me working on this, I tend not to document every little change I make.