Hello Comrades! You have all waited for this for a long time and perhaps longer than we should have let you wait but all of that won't matter right now because we are finally done with our new release!
You have all waited for this for a long time and perhaps longer than we should have let you wait but all of that won't matter right now because we are finally done with our new release!
Version 1.7 includes a wide range of features and additions, including...
- A fully redesigned Global Liberation Army that makes heavy use of tunnels and guerilla tactics. Spread your underground facilities across the map and unnerve your opponent with a plethora of dirty tricks, including a kill-based secondary income and a harassment-oriented airforce.
- The steamrolling Russian Federation as a fully functioning faction with unique buildings, units and powers. Dominate the skies with heavy Hind helicopters, take the field with waves of ever-relentless Shock Troopers and crush your enemies with the unparalleled Sentinel Tank.
- Many new buildings, units and powers for the old factions, the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China have already been added in 1.5 but their arsenal is further expanded by the versatile American Bradley IFV and the missile-blocking Chinese Jammer Tower.
- A fully functioning, efficiently designed navy that is only available on maps that are specifically suited for ship combat, realized by means of a unique system of capturable Naval Yards that avoids the technical issues usually associated with navies in the SAGE engine.
- Several new Tech structures that can be captured to provide helpful advantages, such as Powerplants, Armories as well as all the Tech structures from Shockwave including the Airport, the Radio Station and the mighty War Fortress.
- Many of the more subtle game mechanics have been revamped, including a more sophisticated tech tier system, an improved air/anti-air counter system and improved stealth/scouting mechanics.
- Plenty of new maps that have been exclusively designed for ROTR, as well as restored Generals versions of all the original maps that underwent changes in Zero Hour.