CSS SCI FI 3: Hardwired is a modification for Source featuring 42 non-linear, goal-oriented single-player missions. Requirements: Counter-Strike: Source and the Source SDK base (free with CS:S). This file is the fully-patched, final version and includes all of the latest fixes and improvements, but requires the current map patch (see downloads).
- Please note: this file requires the Map Patch. Download and install the mod using this file, then install the map patch.
A full list of changes introduced in the 3.02 version can be found here. The most important changes are the following:
- Mission briefing now appears after the first autosave of each map, so that the mission objectives and hints can be reviewed when a map is restarted from the autosave.
- Added an autosave to the hub when returning from single missions. Players can now rely on the this save to return to the game between sessions.
- Minor gameplay improvements to Compound, Inferno, Italy, Piranesi, Tides, Battleship, Spirits, Thunder and Stratocorp. Minor efficiencies added to all scripts.
- Removed option to limit player to 10 weapons (caused problems in several maps including the mission hub due to weapons stripped not being deducted from the player total, so that weapons could be lost but new ones could not be picked up).
- Replaced option for vector crosshair with a simple fixed crosshair without a reticle.
- Removed Combine health increase from "Extreme" difficulty setting to make this option more playable. This setting works well when combined with the easier in-game skill options, so that enemies can be killed quickly, but are aggressive and very accurate.
- Includes fixes from 3.01 patch (Aztec fix).
- Added a big icon for the new Steam library window.