So what is Venom Game Labs you may ask? Well, it is a group of talented individuals who have been developing game mods for many years. Most (if not all) of us have experience mainly in the first and third person shooter genres--specifically with the Source(tm) engine from Valve. Some notable projects that our team has experience working on are Firearms, Firearms 2, Firearms: Source, and Resistance and Liberation among others.
|Character Modeler Needed||Locked|
|Jan 11 2009, 4:10am Anchor|
The character modeler must be able to create player characters for games. This includes creating overall geometry for the player and rigging the geometry onto a skeleton.
The characters we need created are not humanoid--they are "cartoony" looking penguins so your imagination can run wild with it instead of being bound to the limits of reality as modelers often are when they work on humanoid characters.
- 3D Studio Max / Milkshape / Softimage XSI | Mod Tool
- Skeletal animation, or at least the ability to rig a model on a skeleton
- Source Engine experience a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of UVMapping techniques required
- Working knowledge of creating normal map bakes a plus, but not required
- Must be willing to work with a team and have a creative drive
- Good work ethic required, be available when needed, deliver consistent, quality, and punctual work
- Must be willing to share source (*.max, *.ms3d) files with the team and contribute them to our source control system
Send an email with work samples and a short description of experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States and over the age of 18.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.