Basic Voice Acting & Editing Guide
Here's a list of all the things you will need in order to voice act properly.
- Microphone - The better quality, the better results.
- Sound Editing Program - I use audacity.
- Time to tweak
So I'll be using audacity for this tutorial, but the main idea will carry over to mostly all programs.
Here's a full guide to recording yourself in Audacity:
- Make sure your microphone is fully working.
- Open Audacity & click the big red circle (Recording Button)
- Once you're finished recording, press the yellow square (stop recording, and or playback)
- You're now finished you've successfully recorded yourself!
Now that you have your sound recorded, it's time to do some editing! Depending on what program you have all the sound effects will be different or produce different effects. Heres how to edit your voice:
- Select the part of the sound you want to modify
- Go to > Effect(s)
- Click an effect like reverse.
- You're done!
Now that you know how to record and edit in their basic forms, I will now teach you how to produce a very popular effect used by Treyarch in their game "Nazi Zombies". Here's what we start out with:
and we end up with:
[PREVIEW OF WHAT WE WILL BE MAKING]
- Record yourself saying something
- Copy it by selecting it and pressing CTRL+C while it is selected
- Go to Tracks > Add New > Audio Track
- Paste what you copied in the new audio track
- Change the pitch of the top track to 
- Change the pitch of the bottom track to [-15]
- YOU'RE DONE!
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, if you want to learn how to make other voice effects, just message me and I will try to make a tutorial for it.