Antiquity Games is the name of the indie project, headed by Azkanan, that develops the games MyWorld and Project Earth. Antiquity Games is in actuality, not much more than a group title for when the team includes more than Azkanan, where on occasion it may include contractors. Previously Known As Shardice Games, name changed on 01 May 2011.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: Anywhere - Looking for: Programmers
Posted by Azkanan on Aug 16th, 2012
This vacancy is for a programmer capable of writing a video game, the game described at such;
- 2D (see screenshots in The Ancients project page),
- tile-based world,
- 8-directional pixel-based movement,
- lobby-based multi-player/single-player engine,
The game mechanics itself may at times become quite complex, such as;
- NPC AI (setting dynamic routes by available locations),
- Creating an Economy Model (So that all items stay in-game when sold, till broken or exported),
- Quality-based crafting (Better skills/tools = better quality craft),
- A Dynamic Quest system that creates quests when conditions are met
- A combat mode that comes into effect where and when the player is, placing a grid that the players combat over, through turn-based tactical style.
- A generated world (Every time the player starts a new game, the game world is generated; heightmap, terrain, rivers, villages, NPCs, etc.)
- A minecraft-like system to prevent piracy, via a server-connected login screen to load the game.
And a number of other systems ( Puu.sh ). If you think you are capable of the above, then I would be interested in hearing from you.
I expect the successful candidate to be able to work over the next few months at a steady rate of progression on The Ancients.
I would hope that a successful release of The Ancients would develop relations to future game development in a mutually beneficial partnership and friendship.
- The finished game will be sold either as download or box.
- An alpha release of the game for a lesser cost will be available.
- All profits are split 50/50 between myself and the successful candidate.
Regretfully, I am currently unable to pay a working wage, ergo the even split of profits of the end product.
Send a resume and a description of past programming experience, training and projects to email@example.com.